Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medical technique used to treat and relieve many health problems and to encourage overall wellness. At Madorno's Chiropractic in Marlton, NJ, Dr. Mike Madorno and his team offer acupuncture to patients.
Acupuncture unblocks meridians and channels throughout the body with energy, or what the Chinese call "chi." Traditionally, metallic needles were placed into the patient's body at various points, but today's modern acupuncture practitioners may also utilize lasers, magnets, and electrical pulses to aid in the treatment. Acupuncture can prove extremely effective in treating and relieving acute illnesses and conditions and chronic pain.
Acupuncture sessions can provide immediate benefits to the patient, which makes it a great way to quickly begin to see effects of treatment, especially for acute illnesses. The effects of an acupuncture session may last for a few days or potentially even longer.
Each patient and medical condition is different. Therefore, the cadence for each individual's acupuncture sessions will be determined on a case by case basis. Some patients might be advised to undergo weekly visits, but others may be able to go less frequently and still feel positive benefits from the acupuncture.
There are many benefits to undergoing acupuncture therapy, including the fact that it has a low risk of potential side effects, it is able to target numerous health concerns at the same time and that it can be done in conjunction with other treatments to maximize effectiveness for patients. Additionally, the long term benefits of acupuncture include:
- Relief from menstrual cramps
- Less severe headaches and prevention of migraines
- Less insomnia and improved sleep habits
- Faster healing after surgery or illness or injury
- Chronic pain relief
- Improvement in asthma caused by allergies
- Improvement in nausea and vomiting
After undergoing acupuncture treatment, patients should do a few things to make sure they are reaping the best possible benefits from their session. First and foremost, make time for rest and relaxation after a session.
- Avoid high stress situations and try to only engage in activities that are enjoyable or relaxing.
- Don't drink any alcohol or caffeine as these add toxins to your body that the acupuncture treatment is working hard to get rid of.
- Even though patients may feel increased energy after treatment, overdoing it physically or mentally can rob the patient of the benefits of acupuncture, so only engage in light exercise or activity.
Doing the items listed above will help patients see the benefits of their acupuncture for a longer period of time.
Call (856) 985-3336 and let Dr. Mike Madorno and the team at Madorno's Chiropractic in Marlton, NJ explain how acupuncture can benefit you today!
Acupuncture is used to treat a wide range of health problems, such as:
- Acute & Chronic Pain
- Chronic tension-type headaches and migraines
- Neck pain & Shoulder Pain
- Joint Pain
- Premenstrual/Menstrual Disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
- Fertility support
- Postoperative pain
- Common Colds
- Depression and anxiety
- Vascular issues
- Digestion issues
- Fibromyalgia & other Autoimmune disorders
- And much more
Acupuncture takes a holistic approach to understanding normal function and disease processes, and focuses as much on the prevention of illness as on the treatment.
Acupuncture and Health Insurance
Most insurance companies now cover acupuncture treatments! Let our staff verify your coverage for you!